Based on five pictures of Lotte Verbeek crying (‘Nothing Personal’, ‘The Borgias’, ‘Outlander’)
Music: ‘The Kiss’ / David Motion & Sally Potter > ‘Orlando’ by Sally Potter (London / UK)
SCREENINGS: Satellite events at the dance performances ‘The Lost Art of Grief’ by choreographer Marie Goeminne (Amsterdam) >Première Korzo Theatre (The Hague) on 10-01-2020
DEAD BABY BIRD (04:29)
Short movie based on photographs. I found this baby bird in my neighbourhood on the ground. He probably fell from his nest. I wanted to bury him, but decided to take a few photographs of him first. Very quickly, instead of only a few pictures, this moving tiny baby bird became a new project.
Music: Requiem for Cello Alone / Peter Sculthorpe, Sydney (Australia)
Cello: Detmar Leertouwer, Arnhem (The Netherlands)
SCREENING / EXHIBITION: Plantage Etalage (Amsterdam) > November 2015 www.puntspatie.nl/plantage-etalage
THE TIME IS NOW (01:00)
‘The Time Is Now’ is about living in the here and now and about the need for a new spontaneity and playfulness.
Choreographer & performer: Milou Nuyens (Dansk Danstheater, Copenhagen / Denmark )
Music: David Julyan (The Music Sales Group / London, UK)
– One Take Film Festival #12, Zagreb (Croatia) > 19 to 22 October 2022 > Black-and-White Category > 19th October 5:00 pm > Multimedijalni Centar, Savska 25 www.onetakefilmfestival.com
-Minute Madness Toronto (Canada) > Online Screening 28th December 2021 > from 9 am to 9 pm > screening Room 3 www.minutemadnessto.com
– Västerås Film Festival, Västerås (Sweden), 23th October 2021 1:00 pm > World Mix 3 www.vasterasfilmfestival.com
– Alternative Film Festival, Toronto (Canada) > Semi Finalist Ultra Short Category – Nominee Best Dance Film Spring 2021 www.altff.org
– ONE SHOT, 18th International Short Film Festival, Yerevan (Armenia) > 4 -11th September 2020 at the Armenian Center For Contemporary Experimental Art / NPAK www.accea.info
–60 Second Intl. Film Festival 202, Islamabad (Pakistan) 14th August 2020 www.60siff.org
– ScreenDance Festival 2020 STOCKHOLM (Sweden) 1-Minute Selection > Livestream 28th April -1st May 2020 www.screendancefestival.com
– CINEDANS 2019 Amsterdam (NL) 09/03/19 > Première Cinedans fest 2019, Dance on Screen > NEW DUTCH 2 www.cinedans.nl
THE INNER HARBOUR (03:27)
THE INNER HARBOUR is about the struggle between two important polarities in a woman life: work and motherhood.
The movie was made at 8th month of pregnancy on the ‘Inner Harbour Bridge’ in Copenhagen (‘Inderhavnsbroen’ in Danish), situated precisely between home and workplace, the Opera House (‘Operaen på Holmen’) of dancer Milou Nuyens.
Dance & choreography: Milou Nuyens (Dansk Danstheater, Copenhagen / Denmark ). Milou is one of the 3 nominees for the Reumert Best Dancer of the Year 2019 in Denmark.
– Saint-Petersburg International Film Festival 2020 www.spiffestival.com
– Filministes Festival 2020 / Montreal (Canada) > part of satellite events www.festivalfilministes.com
-Mana Contemporary Body + Camera Festival 2019 > The Un / Certain Body > Chicago, Jersey City & Miami (USA) www.manacontemporary.com
WHITE DEATH (03:37)
White Death’ tells the story of two lovers and their painful separation caused by death. The short dance movie was inspired by the International project about tuberculosis ‘White Death-The Modern Face of Tuberculosis’ for which I was invited to participate. I choose to show tuberculosis as the ‘romantic disease’, as ‘consumption’. ‘White Death’ is about the transient nature of life and about physical death versus the intangible.
Painfully, because of organisation and money issues, the project has never been completed and so didn’t get the International exposure it earned. Unexpectedly years later a new version of ‘White Death’ came to life.
Dance performance: Milou Nuyens (Dansk Danstheater, Copenhagen / Denmark ). Milou is one of the 3 nominees for the Reumert Best Dancer of the Year 2019 in Denmark.
Music: Mecca Normal (Vancouver / Canada)
– DANCE AND MEDIA JAPAN International Dance Film Festival > 10th of November 2021 > www.dance-media.com
– Toronto Independent Festival of CIFT (Canada) >Finalist October 2021
–New York International Women Festival > Award Winner May 2021
‘Mathilde’ will be a short movie on the cutting edge of dance & poetry based on a fragment from the 19th century novel “A Love Story” by Dutch author Lodewijk van Deyssel. Mathilde is cut off from her environment and herself by a long-term illness. She is advised to go to live for a while on the country side. One evening she comes out of her lethargy and to a breakthrough in herself.
ELLE AIME (03:36)
A sketch ment for a short dance movie based on ‘found’ choreography, common everyday life movements, combined with the lyrics and music of ‘Elle aime’ a song from Albin de la Simone.
Dance: Milou Nuyens (Dansk Danstheater, Copenhagen / Denmark )
Music: ‘Elle aime’ / Albin de la Simone (Paris / France) + Feist (Canada)
A collection of film portraits of high sensitive people from 8-75 years old.
Recent research has build increasing evidence that within a population two basic personalities coexist. One of them (a minority of 15-20%) shows different reactions to their environment than the others. Those different traits are found in at least over 100 species so far, besides humans.
This minority within a population tends to operate more in the background and to be more careful and more responsive to their environment than the other type. Both types of personalities coexist within a population, each needing what the other lacks.
Unfortunately in our fast 24 hour economy society there seems less and less appreciation and space for the people who are more sensitive than others. They are often associated with negative states like depression or laziness and seen as weak. With this series I want to show the positive qualities of high sensitive people like scrutiny, imagination, empathy and intuition, which seem to me of great value for humanity as a whole.